See where an undergraduate degree with UNSW Chemistry can take you. Explore our study options and learn more about the research projects available to our research students.

General degrees

Study chemistry in conjunction with other Science courses. Completing a major in chemistry can lead to entry into honours in Chemistry, which is ideal for those wishing to enter a chemistry-related profession. 

Double degrees

You can study Chemistry with another discipline when your general degree above is combined with other degrees such as Arts, Engineering, Commerce and Education.

Here is a list of the Science double degrees: https://www.science.unsw.edu.au/study-us/undergraduate/double-degrees and the 2021 Science Undergraduate Guide has more information on these. Alternatively you can use the UNSW Degree Finder.

Specialist degrees

The UNSW Bachelor of Medicinal Chemistry (Honours) is a 4-year full-time (or equivalent part-time) degree. This multidisciplinary program is a joint initiative between the Schools of Chemistry and Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences and the Pharmacology section of the School of Medical Sciences.

Undergraduate Research

In the School of Chemistry at UNSW, we give our undergraduate students lots of opportunities to learn about and perform cutting edge research as part of one of our research groups with interests spanning the full spectrum of chemistry and chemistry-related interdisciplinary fields. You can hear about how research works, the next big discoveries and the scientific career from working researchers at all career stages from PhD students to Nobel Prize winner. 

Get Into Chemistry

For more details on the courses we offer and how Honours works in the School of Chemistry check the following pages:

The links below lead to descriptions of all the undergraduate courses offered by the School of Chemistry, the handbook entry for each course, the number of units of credit (UOC), and the session in which it is offered (T1, T2 or T3).

Studying honours gives you the chance to develop your research and professional skills in a specialised area. It represents the highest level of training in an undergraduate degree within the Australian tertiary education system.