How to Apply?

Postgraduate Research Degrees

The application process for postgraduate research degrees, for both local and international students, is described in detail on the  Graduate Research School website

To undertake a research degree (PhD or MSc), it is necessary to apply for admission to the degree program, as well as separately apply for scholarship support. It is important to choose a research topic that really interests you, along with an appropriate research supervisor. The research interests of the academic staff are provided on this web site. It is important that prospective students contact the relevant staff members directly regarding their research interests.

A wide range of scholarships is available to both local and international students. Scholarships are available from the Australian government as well as from UNSW. In addition to these, the School offers some living allowances and teaching scholarships.

The Graduate Research School along with the School of Chemistry will help you to prepare your application to study towards a higher degree. A description of the steps you need to undertake to make an application is available at the UNSW Research website.

Information about application fees for international and local students is available from the GRS website.

Postgraduate Coursework Degrees

All applicants (both local and international) for postgraduate coursework degrees should visit the How to Apply page on the main UNSW web site to  learn about the application process. Links to the online application web site and to forms for applications are available from that site.


International students

Any prospective international student should visit the UNSW International website to obtain important information about studying at UNSW and living in Sydney.